First of all, a heartfelt happy Thanksgiving from SurePayroll. We know family is especially important to many small business owners and we hope you have a wonderful time celebrating the holiday with them.
We hope it’s also a time to get away from all the worries that come with running a business. It seems as if there is no end to the uncertainty that surrounds us in this economy. But when it comes to payroll, there are still some things to be thankful for.
- It’s easy. If you use SurePayroll’s online alternative for your payroll needs the process literally involves three steps: login to your account; enter payroll data and instantly preview how much will be debited from your account; and then click approve. It’s that simple and if you’re spending more time on it than that, it’s probably not worth it. Don’t waste your time logging and calculating and deducting, let someone else do that. You’re an expert in your field, you don’t have to be an expert in payroll.
- You have to pay taxes, but at least you don’t have to worry about them. Even the most upbeat and optimistic among us won’t spend too much time around the Thanksgiving table being thankful for having to pay taxes—especially if they go up. But using SurePayroll’s service means regardless of tax law, you won’t have to concern yourself with penalties for not paying them on time or not paying the right amount or any of the number of complications that can occur.
- The end of paperwork. The beauty of an online payroll service is that all the reports are online whenever you need them. You’re not going to be digging through a rusty old filing cabinet trying to come up with a payroll document. So put down the manila folders, give the shredder some time off and just leave it all a few clicks away, but out of your way.
- Spending less time in the office. You’re a small business owner—you work hard, you spend lots of time at work. That goes without saying. But you don’t need to be there any more than you already are—not when you can run payroll from your phone. SurePayroll’s mobile apps for the iPhone and Android let you run payroll anytime. The days of trudging over to the office on a Saturday to take care of a mundane task that’s not helping you grow your business are over. Stay home and eat leftover turkey and cranberry sauce instead.
- You’re running payroll! Your business is still plugging along in an extremely challenging economy. Not everyone can say that, so during those times when you feel like running your business is a struggle, just think of all the people that aren’t able to do what you’re doing. You’re working, you’re employing people, you’re part of the engine that keeps the economy pushing forward. Congratulations on being a small business entrepreneur.
You probably won’t spend much time talking payroll over Thanksgiving, and you shouldn’t have to. However, if you happen to have other business owners in the family—maybe that brother-in-law you can never find anything to talk to about—ask them how they run payroll. Are they happy with it? Is it simple and affordable?
If you’re a SurePayroll customer, are you happy with what you’re getting? Feel free to leave us a comment.