Hard as it may be to believe, there’s another Twilight movie out. I know, ANOTHER one.
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn premiered last night. The fourth installment of this mega-hit franchise was split into two parts (this being the second part) with a reported budget of $75 million. The original film only cost $37 million. As for the rest of the series:
New Moon: $50 million
Eclipse: $65 million
Some more figures:
- DVD sales of the series have grossed $201 million.
- Eclipse had the fourth largest opening weekend in domestic history with $142,839,137.
- Star Kristen Stewart makes $34.5 million per movie, largely due to her success with the Twilight series.
- It’s been reported other stars of the film including Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner earn between $25-41 million for their work on the films.
Breaking Dawn is expected to break more records at the box office.
So if you’re still wondering why they keep making these movies about vampire love affairs, just think of it as a wise business decision.
Sources: Forbes, Wikipedia, Slashfilm
Latest posts by SurePayroll (see all)
- Getting Ready to Launch Your Business? 3 Basic Steps to Take – October 22
- Small Business Owners Discuss Concerns Before Election – October 22
- [Infographic] Find Out What Your Business is Worth – October 21